Author Topic: Is WordPress Safe for Hosting Your Website?  (Read 48 times)

amanwaa

• We believe everyone deserves to have their Website
    • View Profile
    • Free WEb Hosting Like Never before!
Is WordPress Safe for Hosting Your Website?
« on: October 11, 2018, 05:51:10 AM »
I’m often asked whether WordPress is safe for hosting a website. It’s an interesting question but still valid, nonetheless. WordPress is a super-popular platform for web hosting but, at the same time, it’s well-known for its vulnerabilities and exploits. Therefore, savvy business owners and IT/security pros alike want to know whether introducing WordPress into their environments will create unnecessary security risks.

As you know the ofre are lots free web hosting and paid web hosting providers offer wordpress hosting for create a beautiful website. so if you think really is wordpress safe or not?

Is WordPress Safe?

Looking at this from a high level, asking whether WordPress is safe is like asking whether Windows or macOS safe. Or, whether it’s safe driving a car or even living in a house?

WordPress is similar to most things in this world – it’s about as safe as you make it. I have found that most computer systems and software that have a bad reputation for security (Windows, Linux, you name it) are one of two things – sometimes both:
1) they’re poorly-implemented or
2) they’re not properly maintained and poorly-implemented. It's really that simple.

I do a lot of web vulnerability and penetration testing and WordPress systems are a significant part of this work. There’s a slew of web security-centric risks, but WordPress-based vulnerabilities are typically based on the usual suspects:

• little to no patching
• no compensating security controls
• lack of visibility to detect nefarious behavior
• non-existent vulnerability scanning and penetration testing (or doing it the wrong way)
• assuming someone else is taking care of web security (which can encompass all the above)

WordPress is used by a lot of non-IT/security savvy people. Many of these people don’t get security, nor do they want to, and arguably they really shouldn’t need to. Still, this translates into not knowing what it takes to maintain a secure computing environment and, thus, lack of oversight, maintenance, and exploits.

WordPress is certainly a target given its popularity but, like most things with security, the problem usually comes with hair on top: the people side of the equation. I hosted my web server on Windows/Apache for years and just recently moved over to WordPress Hosting myself and it’s a solid platform.
It has the occasional new vulnerability that my web vulnerability scanners uncover but, if I keep it up to date, it’s never anything big. Furthermore, WordPress has granular security controls that can be made enterprise-worthy with plug-ins such as WP Security Audit Log.

All of this begs the question: is WordPress security up to the vendor or the user? It’s both. The folks at WordPress seem to be holding up their end of things. It’s the user’s/owners of the systems who are having trouble keeping up like the struggles we’ve witnessed over the years with locking down Windows-based network environments.
Regardless of what web platform you use, you must make sure that it’s not only properly implemented but also being properly maintained – including being tested for security flaws on a periodic and consistent basis. Maybe I'm naïve, but I think WordPress is just fine.
From the casual user to small business owner to enterprise marketing websites and application front-ends, you’ll get out of WordPress security exactly what you put into it. It’s a two-way street.

Osborne

• View Profile
Re: Is WordPress Safe for Hosting Your Website?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:08:15 AM »
Where do most of the content in this site come from? Is it possible to share the data?

Brijesh J

• View Profile
    • Cloud Hosting Providers
Re: Is WordPress Safe for Hosting Your Website?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:30:52 AM »
Yes, WordPress is safe for Hosting websites also you can buy SSL certificate to protect your website too with WordPress Hosting.
I personally use WordPress Hosting of www.host.co.in from last 5 years. they provide me some best services as below,

* 5 GB Storage
* Unmetered bandwidth
* FREE Migration
* 30 Days Money Back Policy
* FREE Daily backups
* FREE Domain name
* Performance and security optimized and many more.

So, I personally recommended you to go with Host.co.in for best WordPress hosting.