Author Topic: Offshore VPS hosting?  (Read 2838 times)

Toskanik

• View Profile
Offshore VPS hosting?
« on: November 30, 2020, 07:04:45 AM »

I'm launching a WordPress site next month that I believe will grow faster than expected. I'm not sure what's the best choice for hosting. I currently have a VPS with Hostdime (who I really like as a host - they're local with killer support) and I'm not sure if that's the best route or not. My current VPS (2gb ram) has multiple failures a day with automatic restarts. It's hosting a one multisite install (with 3 active subsites, 4-5 inactive subsites and less than 100 visitors a day total on average), a second site with 60-70 visitors a day and 2 other sites that are lucky to get one visitor a day. The failures have me concerned that 1 site 300-500 members and 1000 hits a day will need a lot more resource-wise than what I have now. I don't think that there's that huge a load on it (though maybe the multisite is a resource hog?).

So I looked at managed WP hosting, thinking a 'cloud' option may let the site grow to 500 members or so & weather traffic spikes - and then I can move it to something more permanent. WPEngine is cool but I expect their costs to be much higher due to their per pageview bs. I'm trying another web host's WP hosting, which is ok but supportwise they are slow (I'm spoiled by several hosts) plus they screwed up when installed an SSL cert and it's been a week and they have yet to reinstall it. They don't have my confidence.

So I'm really not sure which way to go - and perhaps it's because I don't understand hosting that well. A distributed grid sounds cool, but does it work in practice? Is eventually getting a dedicated server unavoidable? What the hell do sites that have a lot of members and traffic do?

What can you say about warez-host.com Offshore VPS hosting?

All advice will be appreciated - I'm planning on launching my site, I need to get this squared away ASAP. Thanks!
Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Dritt

• View Profile
Re: Offshore VPS hosting?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 12:29:27 PM »
KVChosting.net VPS deals are solid and trustworthy.
Support has always been fast and excellent. I do not have a strong background or understanding of how websites work, and when I have run into difficulty, support at them has never failed to resolve my issues swiftly and accurately.

Cherisk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 06:27:05 AM »
I'm in the process of launching an e-commerce application. Warez-host.com guys are tops in their support.
You don't have to look any further. I frequently ask questions of the support staff on all different topics and they are always patient and helpful.

The price for the offshore VPS deals is great.
"Stay hungry, stay foolish" - Steve Jobs

Divya165

• Divya Patil
    • View Profile
    • bodHOST
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 01:32:25 AM »
If you are looking for a reliable VPS hosting provider, Host.co.in is the one you can trust. Competent support from an experienced customer service team is available to help you 24/7. All hosting packages come with 99.95% uptime and a 30-day money-back guaranteed.

RCXSO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 01:00:17 AM »
Exmasters.com staff responses are very helpful during those days, responding and restored the damages very quickly from their separate backups and constantly keeping me updated of the restoration progress before I ever get impatient. I am happy with this Cheap VPS hosting service.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 01:22:27 AM by RCXSO »
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
St. Jerome

Bismark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 11:34:54 AM »
Attractive VPS accounts from https://operavps.com/vps-hosting/ are worthehile.
Their prices are very good, their services match or beat what other hosting companies offer and they seem to never have any down time, at least none that has every effected me. I recommend them to anyone looking for great hosting at a reasonable price.