Author Topic: Linux or Windows VPS?  (Read 14736 times)

jill

• View Profile
Linux or Windows VPS?
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:05:35 AM »
Which one is better?

AccuWebhosting

• View Profile
    • AccuWebHosting
Re: Linux or Windows VPS?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »
It depends on your requirements. For example, if you wish to host asp.net site then it only runs on Windows Platform. And some .htaccess file oriented project run better on Linux platform.

The difference that most people notice with Web hosting operating systems is how you access the server. Both Windows and Linux offer FTP access to your files, but only Linux will generally offer telnet or ssh access. (It's possible to set up telnet access on Windows, but very few hosting administrators offer it.) FTP is a way of transferring your files from your hard drive to your Web server. Telnet and SSH are a way to open a window directly on the Web server and manipulate files right there, usually using Unix command line commands.

I will prefer you to choose that OS which is best suitable for all your requirements.
AccuWebHosting | Forex VPS Hosting Providers

florence

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 08:10:39 AM »
In my corner linux is better then windows lots of application are free in linux based servers, as it open source the security level is higher then windows,

zoomcloud

• ZoomCloud - Web Hosting, VPS and Dedicated Servers
    • View Profile
    • ZoomCloud.net - Web Hosting, Virtual and Dedicated Servers
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »
I always recommend Linux to my clients. You can do so much more with a Linux system. Especially on a VPS. I will be honest though, I have used Linux for many years windows not so much. Since the early days of slackware. Its come a long way and its very powerful. This is the reason 90% of all sites hosted are done on Linux.

If you want to give a linux VPS a try please visit us at ZoomCloud.net. We are offering 1 month free on all our VPS plans. Try it free for 30 days, cancel anytime. Once you order your VPS will be built and delivered to you in minutes. 

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:20:09 PM by zoomcloud »
Cheers,

ZoomCloud.net Support
http://www.zoomcloud.net
Web Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers

Mady

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 12:52:35 AM »
This completely depends upon your requirement, if your application or website built with Microsoft platform than definitely you have to choose windows, if not and your website or application can run with linux than linux is better and cheaper to go with since like windows linux have no license cost. So its better to go with linux if your website can run with it.

Looking for best and cheap VPS hosting providers check out below:
VPS Hosting | Linux VPS Hosting | Windows VPS Hosting

artiyousharma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »
linux vps hosting is best because its provide more security and many companies offer cheap linux hosting so you can choose easily.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:02:33 PM by artiyousharma »

veena

• View Profile
    • India's Best Web Hosting
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 06:24:27 AM »
Windows and Linux are totally different systems and VPS essential is  different. While Windows can be a highly commercial OS, Linux is normally a free and free OS. This difference in pricing is reflected in the prices on the Windows VPS and Linux VPS Hosting.

Neerahshah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 12:09:22 AM »
The hosting is done either in windows or Linux
Linux hosting is inexpensive, secure and provide better performance. It is compatible with PHP and is beneficial in shared hosting market. Whereas in windows hosting windows software is used as the host server, it is costlier than Linux as it involves licensing costs.

Terners

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 03:03:19 AM »
 As quality vps solution both linux and windows OS I'd suggest AJKservers.co.uk plans. I believe this company is flexible and stable enough to satisfy all your specific requirements and keep your web sites always online.

Weigan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 03:38:10 AM »
 I would suggest to rely on 7Host.com solutions. You will get high performance servers for reasonable prices. You can contact their support anytime and get prompt polite replies.

ammadkey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 01:54:39 AM »
They are providing Incentive VPS/SEEDbox with payment.Kindly view and ask them for more queries.

https://www.facebook.com/Incentive.Hosting

Stampfer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 06:12:40 AM »
You will be pleased dealing with Aspnix.com services. You will get high uptime plans and powerful servers. Support team is armed with knowledge.

Salviat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 01:30:13 AM »
    I highly recommend to use 7Host.com services. Their plans are featured, support is knowledgeable and prices are reasonable.