Author Topic: How Can I Migrate From Shared Hosting to VPS Server?  (Read 1129 times)

tk-hassan

• View Profile
    • Temok IT Services
How Can I Migrate From Shared Hosting to VPS Server?
« on: October 18, 2021, 12:48:13 AM »

Most businesses and organizations start their first website by using shared hosting plans. They don’t have an idea about their website traffic and resource utilization. So, they start with a basic plan and upgrade their plan from shared hosting to VPS hosting or managed cloud and dedicated servers as they get more traffic. Generally, shared hosting is upgraded to the VPS server because of required computing power, space and bandwidth.

What is Shared Hosting?

As the name indicates, it is a most general type of web hosting in which a server is shared with several other websites, and no one has more control or root access to this particular server. The server resources are divided, and control panel accounts are provided to the clients instead of a personal server. The hosting provider, such as Temok, manages the resources, Operating systems, and applications. Their expert technical staff allocate and manage resources across all accounts on the server. Apart from a shared hosting server, all accounts are private, but nasty neighbours can affect them.

What is a quick overview of VPS Hosting?

Virtual Private Server (VPS) is the most popular web hosting used by mid-level businesses or websites with many visitors, root access and other special requirements. With the use of virtualization technology, you will be able to get isolated dedicated resources. It is more secure than shared hosting because you will get a dedicated space on a dedicated server instead of just an account.

Full Article Source: https://www.temok.com/blog/how-can-i-migrate-from-shared-hosting-to-vps-server/

Pravin

• View Profile
    • MilesWeb : Best Hosting Company
Re: How Can I Migrate From Shared Hosting to VPS Server?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 01:21:09 AM »
Compared to shared hosting plans, a VPS can provide users with better performance and security.

Signs that indicate you to get ready for VPS migration:

1. Slow website loading time.
2. Getting 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded error lots of time.
3. Need to run the software, but your hosting plans cannot accommodate it.
4. Traffic is blooming and, current hosting plans cannot handle it.
5. If you are facing the above errors, you need to Migrate From Shared Hosting to VPS Server.
MilesWeb:: Your Hosting, Our Responsibility!!
VPS Hosting | Dedicated Server

jacobwallace

• View Profile
    • Get dedicated hosting for high quality performance.
Re: How Can I Migrate From Shared Hosting to VPS Server?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:10:03 PM »
Simple instructions for moving from shared hosting to a virtual private server (VPS).

Step 1: Transfer your domain to your new host (they must offer this option)

Step 2: Create a backup of your website 

Step 3: Transfer your files to your new VPS and import your database.

Step 4: Change your IP address to the new server's address.